Easy Recipe: Chicken Thighs with Honey-Mustard Sauce
You are almost ALL asking me for recipes that you can make on a budget. I hear you. And I feel you. Here’s a great recipe that is wallet-friendly as well as super delicious! I made these last night and I am absolutely loving them. They’re inspired by a roasted chicken dinner that I have every-so-often at a cute local cafe here in San Francisco. Their honey-mustard glaze is just to die for, so I did my best to replicate it. It’s similar to an older post I have with another recipe I use a lot to make my chicken thighs. I like to keep it easy, very few ingredients and just cook it up!
Here’s another recipe for chicken thighs: Easy Savory Chicken Thighs.
Chicken Thighs with Honey-Mustard Sauce
(all measurements are approximate, use all organic ingredients when possible)
Yield: Approximately 6 servings.
Click here for estimated nutrition facts.
6 Organic Free-Range Chicken Thighs (bone-in, skin-on)
2 Tbsp Melted Butter, ghee or coconut oil
1-2 Tbsp Gluten-Free Stone Ground Mustard
1 Tbsp Raw Honey (buying it locally is ideal)
1/2 Tsp Paprika
Celtic/Sea Salt (Redmond’s Real Salt is my favorite!), to taste
- Pre- heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine melted butter, mustard, honey paprika and salt in a small bowl to create a sauce for the chicken.
- Dredge each chicken thigh in the sauce, spreading it evenly onto the skin and bottom side. Use a brush if you find it helpful.
- When the skillet is heated, place the thighs skin side down into the pan. Allow the thighs to cook for approximately 2-4 minutes until golden brown on the skin side.
- Flip the thighs over for about 2 minutes in the skillet, then transfer to a cookie sheet and place into the oven until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. (Approx 20 minutes).
- Remove the chicken from the oven and allow it to cool before eating or storing.Note: upon cooling, the butter and sauce will become hardened. Scoop a portion of it out when you re-heat the chicken to eat later. Place it on top of the meat and it will melt back into a delicious sauce!
Notice: Theme without comments.php is deprecated since version 3.0 with no alternative available. Please include a comments.php template in your theme. in /var/www/vhosts/balancedbites.com/httpdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3260
Leave a Reply