Easy Recipe: Garlic & Dill Vegetables
Like many of you, I’m completely guilty of using the same few spices over and over in my cooking. Hey, when you know what you like, cooking doesn’t need to be overly complicated! That said, I am always looking for new ways of trying to enjoy old favorites. Sautéing zucchini in butter with garlic is an easy standby for me, but carrots are something I tend to shy away from simply because I only enjoy them either raw or roasted. That was, until now. Cooking carrots in a pan with sufficient fat and seasonings will allow them to brown just enough to caramelize and give them that deliciously roasted taste in less than half the time. Try this recipe with any root vegetables you like, or a mix of roots and any other crunchy veggies.
garlic & dill vegetables
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon of garlic ghee (or any other safe cooking fat you like)
- 4-6 carrots, julienned – about 1 cup (cut into 2-3″ by 1/4″ pieces)
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 large zucchini, julienned – about 1 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the garlic ghee, then place the carrots into the pan. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Cook the carrots until they become brighter in color and just begin to brown on the edges – this will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Next, add the zucchini to the pan along with the dill and the garlic powder. Stir to combine. Continue to cook until the zucchini is slightly browned on the edges – approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, plate them and serve warm with eggs and bacon for breakfast or as a side to any meal
Yes, you can enjoy this recipe while on the 21-Day Sugar Detox.
The photos in this post were taken with a Canon T2i using a EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Autofocus Lens.
Notice: Theme without comments.php is deprecated since version 3.0 with no alternative available. Please include a comments.php template in your theme. in /var/www/vhosts/balancedbites.com/httpdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3260
Leave a Reply