Easy Recipe: Pumpkin Soufflé
With so much pumpkin sitting around my house, I’ve been dreaming up ways to use it that will take advantage of many of the pantry items and spices I already have on-hand. There are likely tons of soufflé recipes out there, but this is one I literally whipped up on a whim just this week. A bit of this, a dash of that… and then I re-created it in a larger recipe again, made a few tweaks – and voila! Delish! Enjoy!
grain-free • gluten-free • dairy-free • nightshade-free
Click here for estimated nutrition facts. (coming soon!)
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 25-35 minutes
YIELD: 4 servings
Note: These instructions make the recipe very simple and are how I made mine, but see below for a more traditional soufflé preparation.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the canned pumpkin, eggs, coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, and pure vanilla extract together until well combined.
- Sift the coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice into the wet ingredients and continue whisk until well combined.
- Pour into oven-save ramekins – either 4 separate 1-cup portions, or larger portions to be served as-shared.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 25-35 minutes or until the entire soufflé puffs up and the center no longer appears wet.
change it up
- Instead of adding cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and maple syrup to sweeten this recipe, try adding savory spices like sage, black pepper, and a bit more sea salt to make this a savory side dish.
- To make this in more of a traditional soufflé style, separate the egg whites from the yolks, and mix the wet ingredients together as noted without the whites. Then mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. In a separate, chilled bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Gently fold the whites into the rest of the mixture before pouring into ramekins to bake.
Note: I earn a small commission if you use the links in this post to purchase the products mentioned. I only recommend products I would use myself or that I recommend for clients in my practice or at workshops. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you real information about nutrition and health.
Leave a Reply