Podcast Episode #69: Talking Nutrient Synergy with Dr. Chris Masterjohn!
Remember – If you’re enjoying these podcasts, please leave us a review in iTunes. Thanks!
Episode #69: Talking Nutrient Synergy with Dr. Chris Masterjohn!
00:00 — Introducing Diane, Liz, and the Show (Diane and Liz chit chat)
02:30 — Introducing Nutrient Synergy and Me
04:40 — Oops the mute button was on!
05:30 — My Background/Story
09:12 — What I Ate Before and After My Recover From Vegetarianism
13:00 — Even Chris Masterjohn Was Once Afraid of Cholesterol
13:30 — Plugging My Stuff
14:59 — Synergy Question 1: Why B12 Supplements, Especially Cyanocobalamin, Can’t Replace Animal Foods (And why we want bones and skin in there too!)
21:12 — The Nose-to-Tail Experience: The Synergy Between Frugality, Ecological Consciousness, Humane Treatment of Animals, and Health (you mean that skinless boneless chicken breast is supposed to have a chicken attached to it?)
24:20 — Synergy Question 2: Is Liver Toxic? Synergy Between Vitamins A, D, and K
34:42 — Could the Vitamin D Craze Be Causing Problems? (Yes!)
37:30 — What Happens When “Too Much” Is a Lower Dose Than “Enough”?!
40:31 — Cod Liver Oil
44:57 — Synergy Question 2: Arachidonic Acid and DHA, Harms of Too Much EPA
48:25 — Foods for Preventing Flu, Then Goodbye!
Chris’s website: Cholesterol and Health
Chris’s blog: The Daily Lipid
Chris’s Special Reports:
Cholesterol-And-Health.Com Special Reports will feature in-depth coverage of the following critical concepts:
- The requirement for essential fatty acids is at least eight times lower than you’ve been told, and even modest excesses can be harmful.
- Crucifers — friend or foe?
- Your most potent weapon against heart disease may be a long-ignored and thoroughly misunderstood vitamin found in the foods in which you would least expect it!
- Iron — oxidant or antioxidant?
- Myths and truths about nutrient density and the critical importance of animal foods.
- The truth about beta-carotene as a source of vitamin A: the nefarious effects in ferrets of dangerous beta-carotene supplements, the virtues of virgin palm oil, and the low-down on liver.
Click here to support Chris’s work and to order his Special Reports!
Click here to download this episode as an MP3.
The episodes are currently available in iTunes, Stitcher & Blog Talk Radio.
Diane & Liz