Podcast Episode #79: The Hormone Cure with Dr. Sara Gottfried, pt 1
Remember – If you’re enjoying these podcasts, please leave us a review in iTunes. Thanks!
Episode #79: “The Hormone Cure” with Dr. Sara Gottfried, pt 1
We’ll have part 2 with Dr. Gottfried next week!
Check out Dr. Gottfried’s website here.
In this episode we had chat with The Hormone Cure author Dr. Sara Gottfried about her new book and so much more! This show was so great that we’re going to have Dr. Gottfried back on for a part 2 in the near future.
We covered some great topics including:
- All paths lead back to cortisol.
- Dr. Gottfried’s great grandmother who inspired this journey… she was a “Paleoista”
- Women trying to do it all – the major downfall of our health
- There’s a time and a place for caffeine – why/how are you using it? Tuning in to our bodies and realizing if we are using it “medicinally” or not
- Yoga (or other similar activities) – the importance of it in balancing our lives
- Master hormones for women: Cortisol – Thyroid – Estrogen, Men: Cortisol – Testosterone – Thyroid
- Formulate 5 strategies to address your cortisol issues!
- Who needs to hit the pause button
- Ways to work on supporting your own cortisol right now:
- Tiara time (15 mins, 4x/week)
- Sexual stimulation
- Nutrition – kicking sugar out to create a good neighborhood in your body
- Omega 3
- When women are more likely to experience low thyroid issues (two specific times in life)
- Go-Go-Go, Androgens, and PCOS
- Catabolic vs anabolic hormones
- Oral contraceptives – how it affects us and for how long
- The importance of testosterone levels in women
- Dr. Gottfried’s recommendations for birth control
- Rogue facial hair on women
Get your copy of Dr. Gottfried’s awesome book, The Hormone Cure.
Click here to download this episode as an MP3.
The episodes are currently available in iTunes, Stitcher & Blog Talk Radio.
Diane & Liz
Print This Post