Leave it to me to get an amazing book all about how to respect the “whole hog” and then to attempt to bake – not to cook a tasty pork chop or other cut of the pig. The thing is, I didn’t have any pork in my house when the book arrived. And I really wanted to make the biscotti recipe.
Scratch that. I really wanted my dad to make the biscotti recipe. After all, he was The Biscotti King for at least a decade in the Sanfilippo house – but that’s back when we all ate gluten. Fast forward many years and there’s been no biscotti to speak of, a very sad state indeed. But, it turns out that my (retired, mind you) dad actually had a lot to do this past weekend.
So I was left to my own devices to make this recipe: Salted Mocha Biscotti.
Click to watch my “Beyond Bacon” video on YouTube to see how I did. Trust me, you want to watch the video… until the end. You’ll get a good laugh! Despite my kitchen mishap, the biscotti was delicious!
Beyond Bacon: Paleo Recipes that Respect the Whole Hog is great for way more than a biscotti recipe, though, if that’s the only reason you get it, you won’t be disappointed.
Here’s what you’ll find in the book:
- Perfect Pork Chops, better than most restaurant steaks
- Pho Soup with chitterling “noodles” and other healing and delicious soups and stews to stretch your dollar
- the already-famous Savory Bacon Jam fantastic with green apples or our Homestyle Biscuits
- sweet treats made luxuriously rich with lard, such as Grain-Free Pie Crust, Salted Mocha Biscotti, Chocolate Fudge, and Maple Lard Scones
- instructions on how to properly BBQ and smoke your meats as well as recipes to make your own sauces
- instructions for curing your own bacon, pancetta and even home-made sausage better than store bought
- details on how to properly fry foods, like Corn Dogs with Potato Crisps and Sweet & Sour Pork, and
- an extensive guide on how to make and cook with nutrient dense essentials: pork stock and CLA-rich lard.
So many of you ask me about the healthfulness of pork products, as well as what to do with every part of the animal when you get a meat share – this book will answer all of those questions and more!
Beyond Bacon: Paleo Recipes that Respect the Whole Hog is available for pre-order now from Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble online, and will be shipped and in book stores locally on July 2!
TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY FOR A COPY OF “Beyond Bacon: Paleo Recipes that Respect the Whole Hog”:
Comment below on this blog post and tell us how you’re looking forward to using this book. Your comment must have an email address associated with it when you enter, otherwise we won’t be able to notify you for the prize.
NOTE: Only one comment per person will count as an entry. Posting more than one comment will disqualify you from the contest, so please just post once! Thanks!!
That’s it! No purchase necessary.
Note: This contest will be open for entries through 5pm Eastern time on Monday June 24th and one winner will be selected using random.org and emailed and announced here on the blog. If you do not reply to the winning announcement email to claim your prize within 48 hours of the announcement, a new winner will be selected in your place.