This recipe is from my book, The 21-Day Sugar Detox.
Guacamole is always a fan-favorite whether it’s to enjoy while watching The Big Game, topping lettuce-wraps, or just for snacking or topping off a meal pretty much anytime. When the craving for guacamole hits, it’s easy to think that grabbing a premade variety at the grocery store is your best, bet, but this 4-ingredient recipe will quickly change your mind! For a fraction of the price, and just a quick time investment, you can whip up a super-fresh batch of the green dip that’ll easily become your new go-to-guac!
Of course, there are lots of options of more ingredients you can add to this guacamole to kick it up from here, but this is a basic recipe that’ll keep you from feeling overwhelmed when buying ingredients. Once you buy the avocados, most of these ingredients are those you may already have on-hand (lemons/limes – use lemon juice in this recipe if you have everything else on-hand and are missing limes, cilantro, and shallots are always around in my kitchen!).
Basic 4 Guacamole
grain-free • gluten-free • dairy-free • egg-free • nut-free • nightshade-free* • sweetener-free • 21DSD
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
NUTRITION INFO: coming soon
- 4 ripe avocados
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 small jalapeño, minced (*optional, omit for nightshade-free)
- Slice each avocado in half lengthwise around the pit, remove the pit, then scoop the flesh into a mixing bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork.
- Stir in the lime juice. Add the shallot, cilantro, salt, and pepper and stir until well combined. If you like spicy guacamole, add the jalapeño and stir to combine.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature
Yes, you can enjoy this recipe while on The 21-Day Sugar Detox.
- use sliced veggies of any kind to dip into this delicious guacamole
- check out your local organic grocer or Whole Foods for plantain chips cooked in either coconut or palm oil
- top a burger or dip wings in it!