Carrot Pumpkin Spice Muffins
grain-free • gluten-free • dairy-free • sugar-free • sweetener-free • nut-free • nightshade-free
There are no sweeteners added to this recipe other than whole fruit!
Yes! This recipe can be made 21-Day Sugar Detox-friendly!
A twist on my classic Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins, this recipe adds a powerful veggie-punch and can easily be served for breakfast or to kids without worry since it uses mashed banana and NO SWEETENERS.
You may also find that these muffins are safe for many Paleo challenges – the Whole Life Challenge is one that comes to mind – enjoy!
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 35-40 minutes
YIELD: 12 muffins
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (can be canned or fresh, if fresh, cook, cook and strain excess water from your pumpkin before using it in this recipe)
- 1/2 cup butter, clarified butter/ghee, or coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 mashed banana (use green-tipped/under ripe for the 21DSD)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups shredded carrots (approximately 4 large carrots)
- optional: 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries (not-safe for 21DSD!)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk the eggs, pumpkin, butter or coconut oil, pure vanilla extract, and banana together in a large mixing bowl. Sift in the coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice and stir until well combined. Gently fold in the carrots and optional raisins or cranberries. (Remember, no dried fruit if you are making these for the 21DSD, sorry!)
- In a muffin tin, scoop 1/4 cup of the batter into each lined muffin cup (natural parchment muffin papers work best for lining whereas standard papers may easily stick!).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
change it up!
- Add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts for crunch.
- If you don’t have carrots, try adding shredded zucchini or sweet potato (safe for athletes or nursing/pregnant moms on the 21DSD).