pumpkin cranberry muffins
from Practical Paleo (page 277)
This recipe is sure to be a fall-favorite in your house, and it’s a great way to use up canned pumpkin. For an extra cranberry pop, spread Simple Cranberry Sauce (recipe on page 436) on top.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 35-40 minutes
YIELD: 10-12 muffins (depending on size)
NUTRITION INFO: here.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted (I prefer butter for flavor but if you can't eat it, use coconut oil – I like Tropical Traditions Green Label
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (can be canned or fresh, if fresh, cook, cook and strain excess water from your pumpkin before using it in this recipe)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot starch
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, pumpkin, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Sift the coconut flour, tapioca flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda into the wet ingredients and stir until well combined. Gently fold in the cranberries.
- Scoop the batter evenly into a parchment muffin cup lined muffin tin (natural parchment muffin papers work best for lining), and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean.
change it up!
- Add chopped walnuts and/or semi-sweet chocolate chips to the mixture before baking or place some on top.
- For bulkier muffins, add 3 cups of shredded carrots to the mixture before baking.
- To make this recipe 21-Day Sugar Detox friendly, replace the sweetener (honey/maple syrup) with 1 mashed green-tipped banana.