All of these items can be purchased at Trader Joe's…of course.
This is by no means a strict recipe, that's not how I cook…I cook by randomly throwing together things I think might taste okay to me that I have in the fridge and the pantry (yes, we all know both of those are well-stocked in my apartment). Then sometimes I think they're worthy enough to share with others. This is one of those times.
Diane's Asian-Style Vegan Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Mango Chili Vinegar (I think more rice vinegar would be ok if you don't have a specialty one to add like this one from TJs)
- 1 Tsp Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Wheat-Free Tamari
- 1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
Mix above together in a large bowl. Then throw in the below ingredients as they're ready.
- 1 cup red kidney beans
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 1 cup black beans
- 2 green onion stalks, green part only- diced into rings (scallions)
- 1 orange pepper, diced into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces (or red or yellow…not green though)
Marinate overnight before eating for best flavor, but heck, it's good right away. Separate it into small containers, 1-cup servings are best if you have them…it will make a ton, then it's enough to share with YOUR friends :o)
Serve it cold alone, over rice, or over spinach for an awesome salad that's already dressed…I had it that way for dinner tonight, YUM!