Guacamole is always a fan-favorite whether it's to enjoy while watching The Big Game, topping lettuce-wraps, or just for snacking or topping off a meal pretty much anytime.
Of course, there are lots of options of more ingredients you can add to this guacamole to kick it up from here, but this is a basic recipe that'll keep you from feeling overwhelmed when buying ingredients. Once you buy the avocados, most of these ingredients are those you may already have on-hand (lemons/limes – use lemon juice in this recipe if you have everything else on-hand and are missing limes, cilantro, and shallots are always around in my kitchen!).
Follow along with me in this video… recipe included below.
This recipe is from my book, The 21-Day Sugar Detox.
Basic 4 Guacamole
grain-free • gluten-free • dairy-free • egg-free • nut-free • nightshade-free* • sweetener-free • 21DSD
- 4 ripe avocados
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 small jalapeño, minced (*optional, omit for nightshade-free)
- Slice each avocado in half lengthwise around the pit, remove the pit, then scoop the flesh into a mixing bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork.
- Stir in the lime juice. Add the shallot, cilantro, salt, and pepper and stir until well combined. If you like spicy guacamole, add the jalapeño and stir to combine.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature
Yes, you can enjoy this recipe while on The 21-Day Sugar Detox.
- use sliced veggies of any kind to dip into this delicious guacamole
- check out your local organic grocer or Whole Foods for plantain chips cooked in either coconut or palm oil
- top a burger or dip wings in it!