Diane Sanfilippo, BS, NC
Owner & Founder of Balanced Bites;
Certified Nutrition Consultant;
New York Times Best-Selling author of Practical Paleo
Weston A. Price Foundation
Nutrition & Metabolism Society
Diane is a Holistic Nutritionist specializing in Paleo nutrition, blood sugar regulation, food allergies/intolerances and digestive health.
Practice & Certifications
Diane holds a bachelor’s degree from Syracuse University, a Holistic Nutrition Consultant Certification from Bauman College in Berkeley, CA, a CHEK Institute Holistic Lifestyle Coach Certification, and a Poliquin BioSignature Modulation Certification.
Through the Balanced Bites Podcast, Workshops and 1:1 consultations, Diane specializes in helping clients resolve concerns around the following issues:
- Regulating blood sugar levels related to hypoglycemia and Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes
- Digestive distress, IBS, constipation, diarrhea, bloating and gas
- Concerns about high or low cholesterol and high triglycerides
- Increasing and stabilizing energy levels throughout the day
- Food allergies, sensitivities and intolerances (including but not limited to gluten, dairy, soy & nuts)
- Therapeutic nutrition coaching for autoimmune conditions including but not limited to Celiac Disease, thyroid conditions, arthritis, eczema, psoriasis, fibromyalgia and Parkinson’s Disease
Diane has also worked with clients who need additional assistance with making the switch to a Paleo, Primal or Ancestral/Weston A. Price-style diet; as well as those who have already made this change but are struggling to make progress with weight loss, digestive distress, low energy, autoimmunity or other health-related conditions. She is also a Poliquin Biosignature Modulation Practitioner qualified to assess the hormonal regulation of body fat to further optimize client health. Please note: Diane is not currently taking new clients.
Paleolithic Solution Seminar – Robb Wolf, March 2010, September 2010 & March 2011
Functional Endocrinology – Dr. Datis Kharrazian, July 2010
Understanding the Complexity of Gluten Sensitivity – Dr. Datis Kharrazian, January 2011
Breaking the Complex Web of Leaky Gut – Dr. Datis Kharrazian, February 2011
Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis – Dr. Datis Kharrazian, February 2011
The Brain-Gut Axis – Dr. Datis Kharrazian, March 2011.
To read more about the program Diane studied at Bauman College and about studying nutrition, check out this post. Read about her personal journey through different nutritional approaches here.
Read more about Diane’s story & philosophy here.