THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED!
Updated 8/1/12: This giveaway ended at 5pm Eastern on Tuesday, July 31st The winners have been notified by email (Jackie & Kate). If you received a winning email, please contact us within 48 hours to claim your prize!
In honor of the upcoming release of Practical Paleo, reaching 17k “Likes” on Facebook, and my love for all things coconut, I’m giving away TWO $200 GIFT CERTIFICATES TO TROPICAL TRADITIONS.
Some of my favorite products that you can get with this gift certificate (and that are used in recipes in Practical Paleo) include:
- coconut oil! Green label is my favorite
- shredded coconut or coconut flour
- red palm oil
- organic apple cider vinegar
- organic maple syrup
- raw pet food for cats and for dogs
- organic, soy-free eggs
- organic, grass-fed butter
Wow! That’s a lot more than just coconut oil!
I’m sure some of you are thinking, really? More coconut oil? Why on earth would I need more coconut oil? Well, are you simply cooking with it?! There are lots of other things to do with coconut oil… and hundreds of you quickly jumped at the chance to tell everyone how you use coconut oil besides eating it. Some of the most popular ways included:
- skin moisturizer – face and body
- to treat baby’s skin, head, and diaper area instead of diaper cream
- as a deodorant
- as a bug repellant
- as a foot cream
- as a lip gloss
- as hair smoother and treatment
- as makeup remover
- as an acne facial treatment
- as a face wash (oil cleansing)
- as a mouthwash (oil pulling)
- as part of homemade toothpaste
- to prevent stretch marks on a pregnant belly
- to remove sticky things like you would with WD-40
- to season cast iron skillets
- as a pet food supplement
- as a burn treatment
- to polish leather shoes
- to make soap
- as massage oil – it’s edible!
To enter the GIVEAWAY do the following and then come back here and let me know you’ve done so:
Only one entry via comment is allowed per person, multiple entries will disqualify you.
One winner will be selected at random (using random.org) on Tuesday, July 31th at 5pm Eastern time. Please be sure that you include your email address in your comment (not publicly displayed) so that we may contact you to claim your prize. Prizes not claimed within 48 hours of announcing the winners will be given to the next eligible winner selected at random.
Note about the prize(s): you will not be able to use the gift certificate to cover shipping costs, so the certificate can only be used for products. Additionally, your cart total must add up to $200 or more, and you’ll pay the difference for whatever adds up over the $200. I recommend adding on smaller items towards the end of a bigger purchase to total just about $5 or $10 over that you’ll spend beyond the certificate when you order.