Pack an extra protein punch into your morning with these savory egg muffins!
For the chicken:
- 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breast)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons + 2 tablespoons Frank's RedHot Sauce (or use another clean-ingredient hot sauce*), divided
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 6 large eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons green onion/scallion, sliced
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
On a baking pan, arrange the chicken thighs and season with garlic, sea salt, and black pepper. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Place the cooked chicken thighs into a large mixing bowl and shred with two forks. Pour 3 tablespoons hot sauce and the melted butter over the chicken and toss to combine and set it aside.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, 2 tablespoons of hot sauce, green onion, sea salt, and black pepper.
Pour the egg mixture into parchment cup lined (Without liners, I can't guarantee these won't stick even to a well-greased pan –these are the only type of liners I recommend as nothing sticks to them, guaranteed!) muffin tins to fill them approximately halfway. Gently spoon about 2oz of the shredded chicken into each muffin cup so that it's evenly distributed. Serve any extra chicken alongside the cooked muffins.
Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the muffins rise and become golden brown around the edges.