If you've been following me on Instagram for the last couple of months, you might have seen I have a new favorite dish to make–my 6 minute salmon. As much as we all say we like variety, most of us eat the same foods over and over again. I'm no different from anyone else in that way, though some of foods/meals I have on repeat may seem unconventional to most Americans. This 6 Minute salmon is one of those meals–it's my go-to breakfast, and I could seriously eat this EVERY DAY. To see some of the different combinations I've come up with, check out #dianessalmonbowl on my Instagram feed.
- 2 wild salmon filets
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 tsp SAVORY blend divided between filets
- BAGEL blend for serving
- Preheat a cast iron skillet to high heat and set your toaster oven or oven to the broiler setting.
- Take the filet of salmon and pat dry with a paper towel. Salt the skin side of the salmon and add it to the pan, skin side down. Set the timer for two minutes. While the skin side is searing, season the other side generously with the SAVORY spice blend.
- Once the salmon is seared, place the cast iron pan into the toaster oven or oven for 4 minutes under the broiler.
- That's it! Once the 4 minutes are up, the salmon will be perfectly cooked and ready to be served. I like to sprinkle some BAGEL blend on mine before digging in.