Warmer weather = outdoor grilling ALL THE THINGS! First up, my COFFEE BBQ Bacon Burger – it's seriously epic!
This will be your new favorite burger.
If you've never had a bacon burger, you're missing out! It's a burger but with bacon ground up into it.
Yes, you read that right!
The key to this recipe is that you'll just roughly chop your bacon, then finely chop it in the food processor until it's basically the same texture as your ground meat. Add the spices (including Balanced Bites COFFEE BBQ blend!) to the bacon and pulse more to combine it, this way you'll get the spices really evenly mixed throughout the burger. You can finish them with an extra dusting of the spices if you want to, but you don't need to.
We enjoy these in a lettuce wrap or with some New Cascadia Gluten-Free Challah Bread (a Portland-based bakery) sliced thick as the bun, it's phenomenal! We mail order it, but I'm not 100% sure where else they ship. We've also used the Canyon Gluten-Free Hamburger Buns and enjoyed those, as well.
What’s your favorite burger topping?
Here's what I like to do: butter lettuce, a COFFEE BBQ bacon burger patty, avocado oil mayo, bacon, caramelized onions, homemade guac, and raw onion. Side of some pickles. BOOM.
Diane's Coffee BBQ Burgers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bacon
- 3 tablespoons COFFEE BBQ blend divided
- 5-6 grinds freshly cracked black pepper approximately 1/2 teaspoon
- sea salt & cracked pepper (optional, garnish)
- Pulse the bacon in a food processor until finely chopped, then pulse in 3 tablespoons of COFFEE BBQ spice blend and the black pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beef with the bacon mixture and form into 6 evenly-sized patties.
- Grill the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare doneness, or to your preferred level of doneness.Tip: Your grill may flare up a bit due to the high fat content in bacon dripping into the flame, so be careful when flipping!
- To make a lighter version of these burgers, either use 1/2 pound of ground beef and 1/2 pound of ground chicken or turkey along with the bacon. If you use poultry, be sure you cook the burgers through, no pink.You can also use 1/2 pound of bacon per pound of ground beef if you prefer less bacon.
For more recipe ideas and recipes that use Balanced Bites Spices, head to our recipes index page here.