Fresh herbs are a fantastic way to add tons of flavor to a meal while adding health benefits as well.
- Powerful anti-inflammatory capacities that may help symptoms of arthritis
- Protective agents against bacterial infection from Salmonella in food products
- Acts to increase HDL cholesterol (the good kind), and reduces LDL cholesterol (the bad kind)
- Relief for stomach gas, prevention of flatulence and an overall digestive aid
- Wards off urinary tract infections
- Helps reduce feelings of nausea
- Eases hormonal mood swings associated with menstruation
- Has been shown to reduce menstrual cramping.
- Adds fiber to the digestive tract
- A source of iron, magnesium, and is helpful in fighting anemia
- Gives relief for diarrhea, especially if caused by microbial or fungal infections
- Helps promote healthy liver function.
- Reduces minor swelling
- Strong general anti-oxidant properties
- Disinfects and helps detoxify the body
This recipe is my solution for 1) a bunch of cilantro that was starting to wilt in my fridge 2) a way to make a new sauce for my meats and to eat lots of a healthy herb at once… enjoy!
- 1 large bunch of cilantro
- 1 cup of raw macadamia nuts
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- celtic sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- use basil instead of cilantro
- use walnuts instead of macadamia nuts
FACEBOOK: Become a fan of Balanced Bites