Easy Recipe: Smashed Potatoes with Onions & Garlic
grain-free • gluten-free • dairy-free • egg-free • nut-free • seed-free • 21DSD (energy mods)
These smashed and roasted new potatoes aren't a super-fast dish to make since they take a while to bake, but they're so, so good that I recommend you make a double batch and simply re-heat them in an oven or toaster oven to enjoy for a few meals – they're worth it!
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 45 minutes
NUTRITION INFO: coming soon
- 2-3 pounds new potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or ghee
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (use code balancedbites to save 10%!)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, then boil the potatoes for 15 mins, until fork tender. Remove from heat and drain the potatoes.
- While the potatoes boil, slice the onion and smash and roughly chop the garlic, toss them in a large mixing bowl with 3 tbsp each butter or ghee and extra virgin olive oil. Season with plenty of salt and pepper and the dried oregano or any other seasoning you like.
- When the potatoes are boiled, place them on a rimmed baking sheet, then smash each one flat with either a fork or a mallet. Toss the onion mixture in with the potatoes, then spread it out evenly on the sheet.
- Roast for about 30 minutes or until brown and crispy.