If you've been wondering how to make a matcha latte, read on. At least, if you want to know how I make my matcha latte!
Matcha lattes have become super popular, and I've recently jumped in on this trend!
During my recent book tour, I realized very quickly that my body simply couldn't handle caffeine from coffee. So, I stopped drinking coffee while on that trip. And, when I got home I decided to try drinking matcha. So far, I'm loving it!
I do feel a little bit of the caffeine from the matcha, but it doesn't feel at all the way coffee did. If you compare how much caffeine is in matcha to coffee, you'll see it's quite a lot less. I googled to see how much caffeine I was likely getting in my morning Chameleon Cold Brew (CCB) compared to matcha, and here's what I found.
- 4 ounces So Delicious lite culinary coconut milk
- 6 ounces hot water
- 1/2-1 tbsp Navitas Organics cacao butter (Yes, the white, fatty but not sweet part from chocolate! Trust me on this one! It's also fantastic blended into coffee. This may change your life.)
- 1/2-1 scoop MCT oil powder unflavored
- 1/2-1 scoop collagen
- 1/2-1 tsp organic ceremonial grade matcha powder
- 1/2-1 tsp organic honey optional, omit for 21DSD
- Scoop all ingredients into blender and blend for 20 seconds or until well-combined and you don't see any little green clumps.
How do you make your matcha?! Tell me below and tell me if you try this blend and enjoy it!