When fall rolls around, it seems only natural to want to make as many recipes as possible that use pumpkin! This is a quick and easy way to take an inexpensive ingredient (canned pumpkin) and turn it into something delicious.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup optional
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil plus extra for pan frying
- Whisk the eggs, canned pumpkin, pure vanilla extract, and pure maple syrup together. Sift the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and baking soda into the wet ingredients.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Then, mix the butter back into the batter.
- Grease the skillet, and spoon the batter into the skillet to make pancakes of your desired size. When a few bubbles appear, flip the pancakes once to finish cooking.
- Serve with the grass-fed butter or sliced bananas.
CHANGE IT UP: Instead of adding maple syrup to sweeten this recipe, try adding a mashed, whole ripe banana to the mixture. If you add a banana, the yield will increase.
Diane Sanfilippo / Balanced Bites, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.