All of these items can be purchased at Trader Joe's…of course.
This is by no means a strict recipe, that's not how I cook…I cook by randomly throwing together things I think might taste okay to me that I have in the fridge and the pantry (yes, we all know both of those are well-stocked in my apartment). Then sometimes I think they're worthy enough to share with others. This is one of those times.
Diane's Italian-Style Brown Rice Salad
- 2-3 cups Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup reconstituted sundried tomatoes, chopped (not in oil, dry first, heat or soak overnight in water to bring back to life!)
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped (not canned, frozen first…thawed out)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (or more to taste/preference)
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed (or more to taste/preference)
- 1/4 c parmesean grated cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
Mix above together in a large bowl. Then store in single-servings for you or to share.
Serve it cold or hot alone, mix it into a plain soup (tomato soup was great!), or over spinach for a fun salad option.