Sautéed Sweet Plantains
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika optional, or use SMOKY blend
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut sugar optional
- 2 very ripe plantains look for black spots
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, ghee or butter add more as needed
- Make the plantains: In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, paprika (optional), salt, and sugar (if using); set aside. Cut the plantains on the bias into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Heat the coconut oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Use enough oil to completely cover the bottom of the pan and come at least halfway up the sides of the plantain slices.
- Add the plantains in a single layer, working in batches so as not to overcrowd the pan, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until lightly browned and cooked through.
- The plantains are ready to flip when they release from the bottom of the pan with little resistance. Place the sautéed plantains on a paper towel–lined plate and season immediately with the spice mixture.
Don't forget, I post new videos each week so make sure you're subscribed to my YouTube channel so you don’t miss any! Leave me a comment to let me know what you think of this video, or to share what you want to learn more about from me.
Catch you next week!