Simple Greek-Spiced Lamb Roast with Cauliflower Rice
grain-free • gluten-free • dairy-free • nut-free • BBSpices
For the roast
For the Cauliflower Rice
- 2-3 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp Kasandrinos olive oil
- 1-12 ounce package frozen artichoke hearts (I used Trader Joe's brand)
- 1/4 cup broth or water
- 1-12 ounce package frozen cauliflower rice (I used Trader Joe's brand)
- 2-3 tsp Savory Blend (or you could use the Greek blend!)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup raisins
- Juice of one whole lemon
For the roast
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Insert an oven safe digital meat thermometer with a probe into the center of the roast, and set for 160 degrees F. Bake at 375 until the meat thermometer goes off! (approx. 45-60 minues for 1.5 lb roast)
For the cauliflower rice
- Add fat and oil to a 12" stainless steel or nonstick skillet set to high heat. Add the frozen artichokes to pan (make sure the segments are separated from each other, and not in frozen clumps), followed by 1/3 cup water, to help them steam. Cover and let cook until the artichokes are fully thawed.*
- Once the artichoke hearts are thawed, add the package of cauliflower rice to the pan. Next, add the spices. Stir to evenly distribute spices.
- Add raisins and lemon juice, and stir to combine.
- Let reduce, uncovered, on medium heat, another 5 minutes.*Tip: if you think ahead, you can defrost both the artichoke hearts and the cauliflower rice in their bags in the fridge as early as the night before.