Here's what was up last week!
- Grab & Go: Simple Gluten-free and Nut-free Granola Recipe
- Healthy Travel Tips: Resource Round-up
- Natural Products Expo West Recap
- Balanced Bites Podcast Episode #288 Travel Tips: On-the-Go Options, Bringing Baby, Beauty & Baggage
- New 21DSD Testimonial: “I love my new body & resolve!”
- New 21DSD Recipe Round-up: Fajitas
- Highlights from Instagram
Easy Recipe: Gluten-free & Nut-free Granola
Want an easy recipe that's grab-and-go and delicious a-top of acai bowls or yogurt (my favorite is Goat's Milk Yogurt).. well then, look no further. My granola recipe is gluten and nut free!
Healthy Travel Tips: Resource Round-up
Throughout my years, I've chatted about healthy travel tips in many different places. Here is a round-up of some resources for you!
- Practical Paleo Travel Tips: Eating Paleo on the Road, In the Air, and Everywhere
- LOS ANGELES: Paleo & gluten-free restaurants
- PORTLAND: Paleo & gluten-restaurants
- SAN FRANCISCO: Paleo & gluten-free restaurants
- Balanced Bites Podcast Episode #288: Travel Tips: On-the-go options, bringing baby, beauty & baggage
- Balanced Bites Podcast Episode #196: Burning fat vs carbs, budget paleo travel tips, and help for a dry scalp
- Balanced Bites Podcast Episode #105: Eating Paleo while Traveling
- Fed and Fit Podcast Episode #75: How to Travel with Less Stress (with Diane Sanfilippo on our book tour)
I have a ton of hashtags from over the years! Check out this new page to view them all, organized by city and even trip!
- At the Gym: Travel Edition
- LIVE with Diane & Scott: Healthy Travel Tips!
- LIVE with Diane & Scott: Healthy Travel Snacks – See what we packed for our flight!
- Practical Paleo 2nd Edition – Chapter 10: Living a Paleo Lifestyle (Guide to: Travel)
Natural Products Expo West Recap
Expo West is a trade show for those in the natural foods and health industry. While it isn't open to the public, attendees range from retailers and wholesalers to manufacturers, health practitioners, and members of the press.
Balanced Bites Podcast Episode #288 Travel Tips: On-the-Go Options, Bringing Baby, Beauty & Baggage
- News and updates from Diane & Liz [7:02]
- Reader feedback from episode 278 [14:22]
- Recap of Diane's travels to NTA and Expo West [21:04]
- Reader feedback from episode 285 [32:33]
- Diane's travel tips: Lodging [38:56]
- Diane's travel tips: Air and car travel [42:47]
- Liz's tips: traveling with kids [47:50]
- Diane's travel tips: Final quick tips [59:39]
New on the 21DSD Blog
21DSD Testimonial | “I love my new body & resolve!”
“My physician, Dr. Reisinger had done blood work before and after the detox. The results were amazing. Every level that had been high or even moderate was now in the good range. I was shocked that the change would happen that quickly!”
21DSD Recipe Round-up | Fajitas
Spice up your dinner with some Tex-Mex flair! It's fajita time!
- Breakfast fajitas
- Paleo Skillet Beef Fajitas
- Baked Chicken Fajita Roll-Ups
- Steak Fajita Loaded Sweet Potatoes (Energy modification)
- Chicken Fajita Bowl with Cauliflower Rice
- Sheet Pan Chili Lime Shrimp Fajita
- Fajita Pie (Energy modification)
- Fajita Chicken Kebobs
Highlights from Instagram
You GUYS! I have been blown away by all of your photos using my #BBspices so I wanted to share a handful of my favorites! Keep 'em coming – I'll continue to share your photos as I see them! . Photos above by: @paleochef @pupsandpaleo @_lemonandfig @halfindiancook @ashleyraccanello @jenniferargondizza @moriahrsmith @wholefoodiern_ntp @gracefaithandps @maria.greenwalt @drangelique @fedandfit . Want to grab your own set?! Tap the link in my bio, then SPICES! 🙌🏻🙌🏻 . #paleo #paleoeasybutton #practicalpaleo #mealprep #macros #iifym #healthy #spices #organic
I'm not sure if you heard, but I'm kind of an expert at eating. 🤣 . This breakfast plate was so epic, and I was hoping it would *last* me a while before I got hungry again. But it only sort of did at first… (Details on what's on the plate are in my IG story). . I ate this at around 9:30am. By noon I was hungry, and intended on having lunch, but then got side-tracked by work and an interview for an upcoming @balancedbitespodcast with @drterrywahls (which was AWESOME, by the way, stay tuned for that). . Edit: I forgot about the small piece of 100% dark chocolate I had at maybe 12pm! So there's also that. Thanks to my IG story for reminding me!!) . It's now 2:45pm and I still haven't eaten again yet. And I'm a bit hungry but I'm actually okay. . And, since my recent interview with @drcateshanahan reminded me how important and valid more time between meals is in our everyday lives, I'm feeling totally fine with the idea of either eating shortly, or waiting a little longer still. . I find that when I eat lower carb, like I am right now, this process becomes easier and easier. When my body is better adapted to fat for fuel versus carbs/glucose, hunger may hit, then it subsides for a while once stored fat is accessed for fuel. It then comes back again later when I truly need to eat and I have mental clarity and focus in the meantime without issue. . Nutrition is so fascinating, isn't it?! . #dianessaladmadness #WiredToEat #lowcarb #keto #paleo (ish) #goatcheese #allthefat #hflc #21dsd #deepnutrition
Breakfast stop at Nancy's Cafe in Auburn, CA with @fullbodyfix and @spacealchemistsf on the way from Lake Tahoe back to San Francisco. I ordered two poached eggs over tomatoes with hollandaise and a side of bacon. Their bacon was surprisingly legit (thick-cut, but not likely pastured or organic or whatnot). This is how we do road-trip dining: we keep it real-food based and #glutenfree but we don't stress over perfection or high quality if it's too hard to find. If you're worried about cooking oils, ordering poached eggs is a good way to go. I also ask about the hollandaise to be sure there's no flour in it as while traditionally there wouldn't be, some spots will use flour to stabilize it over time. We also had our own coconut milk for our coffee. #roadtripeats #practicalpaleoTravel #practicalpaleotravelroadtrip #paleo #lowcarb #keto #lchf