Video Editor (virtual position)
The ideal candidate for this position has strong, clear written and verbal communication skills along with your video editing skills. You work well independently as well as within a team environment and can prioritize projects to deliver on time and to specifications. You're detail oriented and able to work quickly but thoroughly, thinking strategically when necessary and simply executing when necessary. You have a positive attitude and can adapt to changing schedules as projects may demand. You're a fast learner, a self-starter. You must be a U.S. resident.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write, produce, edit, and distribute a wide array of digital video content
- Edit and produce both long-form (program modules and bonus content, call recordings) and short-form videos (recipes, Q&A/FAQs, special announcements, vlog series, education/informational, ads, testimonials, sales page content, book trailers, tour promotion, TV appearances)
- Generating descriptions for video content, creating captions/subtitles for short-form videos
- GIF animation & uploading to GIPHY
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient with Adobe Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Media Encoder)
- Ability to work within brand standards, while producing creative, original content
- Proficient in the following Software/Web Platforms: Adobe Suite – Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Media Encoder, Dropbox, Toggl, Giphy, YouTube, IGTV, Facebook, WordPress (DS, BB, 21DSD blogs)
To apply, submit:
- A cover letter that includes answers to the questions/tasks below labeled as 1 and 2.
- A PDF of your resume.
- Please also complete the following tasks and submit in whatever format you think best exemplifies your work within your ability at this time:
1. Please include links to video content you’ve created of which you’re most proud and that represents styles that will be required of this role from what you see across our social media @dianesanfilippo, @balancedbites, and @21daysugardetox as well as our YouTube channel /dianesanfilippo. 2. What are your Enneagram and 4-Tendencies personality types? And, optionally, StrengthsFinder Top 5? Send the above to [email protected] with the subject line “Video Editor Job Application”
Customer Service Assistant (virtual position)
The ideal candidate for this position is a problem solver with excellent communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, and a passion for providing superb customer experiences. You are a critical-thinker with previous experience performing customer service tasks and working with ecommerce businesses, and you have a solid understanding of the Balanced Bites Meals & Spices businesses. You need to be sharp, pick up on things quickly (a fast-learner), and be unafraid to ask for clarification when necessary. You take pride in completing your work on-time, efficiently, and with excellence while remaining open to feedback for edits when provided. You thrive in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple requests at once. You know what it takes to foster loyal, happy customer relationships through timely, responsive, and enthusiastic communication. This role is part-time, roughly 10-12 hours per week. The Customer Service Assistant reports directly to Diane but may also interact with other team members from time to time.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customer support: Manage customer service inquiries, respond to emails, process refunds, cancellations or order changes, manage Bite Bucks (loyalty program) accounts
- Administrative tasks: Track order issues, create shipping labels, review orders
- Affiliate support: Manage affiliate applications, inquiries, conversions, and issues, process affiliate payouts each month
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 5+ years work experience (not including internships), including previous experience in a customer service role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills and ability to prioritize
- Highly responsive with the ability to check email and respond a minimum of 3x/day (sometimes it may only be 5-10 minutes, but attention is required)
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and able to quickly learn new systems and technology
- Solid working knowledge of Google Suite (Google docs, sheets, gmail, etc.) and Shopify; experience with Refersion, Loyalty Lion, and ReCharge a plus
- You must have a late model computer with video-chat capabilities and the ability to work from home or remotely on-location
- You must live in the United States
More you should know: Working hours are typically in the 7am to 7pm Pacific time range (your hours can vary within there) but are not limited to Monday through Friday. We often have customer issues that arise on Saturdays (our order-close day each week) between 5-10pm PT and Sundays (when our kitchens verify orders that closed on Saturday to resolve any issues). There may be work that needs to be done or tended to quickly over the weekend, and flexibility in your working hours is essential. Work doesn’t stop just because it’s 5pm or because it’s Saturday if a customer has an urgent question or an order issue.
To apply, submit:
- A PDF of your resume including only relevant work experience, a cover letter explaining why you feel you’re a good fit for the position, and responses to the scenarios below. Please note that we see refunds as a truly last resort in most cases and I expect to see creative, thoughtful problem-solving responses that do not involve offering a refund at this time.
- Scenario 1: A customer emails at 7pm to say that FedEx delivered their box of meals but they cannot find it and they want a refund for this box. Upon verifying the FedEx tracking, the box shows it was delivered at 6:30pm. How do you respond?
- Scenario 2: A customer asks for a refund of their order because they didn’t care for the flavor of one of their meals. How would you respond?
- Scenario 3: A customer emails saying that one of their jars of spices arrived broken and they’d like to get it replaced. How do you respond?
Send the above to [email protected] with the subject line “Customer Service Assistant Job Application”