Easy Recipe: Not-So-Sweet Chocolate Walnut Truffles
I love chocolate. There is no way around it. I usually have some really delicious, high-quality dark chocolate in the house somewhere. But sometimes, I don’t. When I don’t, I make my own truffles. I have my friend Charlene to thank for introducing me to this “healthy” chocolate recipe in the first place. I have since played with it a lot and modified it pretty much every time I make it. Below is the recipe I made up tonight. I think this is by far the fewest ingredients I’ve made these truffles with, ever.
Not-So-Sweet Chocolate Walnut Truffles
(I actually measured this time! Use all organic ingredients when possible.)
Yield: Approximately 6 servings.
Click here for estimated nutrition facts.
1/4 Cup unrefined, extra-virgin coconut oil
1 Cup Raw Walnuts
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder (+ extra for rolling the truffles in when prepared)
3 Tbsp Honey (to taste, less if you can)
Dash of Celtic/Sea Salt (Redmond’s Real Salt is my favorite!), to taste
- Melt coconut oil over low heat. Wisk in cocoa powder and honey.
- Place walnuts in a food processor until they become very finely ground. It should look just about like walnut butter/a “pasty” texture. Approximately a minute or so in the processor. You may want to scrape the sides one or two times to pull the nuts back into the center of the processor.
- In a mixing bowl (metal if you have it) combine processed walnuts (paste) with the coconut oil mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Place mixture in the freezer until it sets a bit. The coconut oil will harden back up.
- Spoon out small portions of the mixture and form into balls with your hands. Roll in cocoa powder to finish.
- Store in the fridge or freezer if you prefer.
You may make this recipe with almonds instead of walnuts, or, alternatively, with ready-made raw walnut, raw almond or natural peanut butter. You may also roll the finished truffles in shredded coconut instead of cocoa powder.
Notice: Theme without comments.php is deprecated since version 3.0 with no alternative available. Please include a comments.php template in your theme. in /var/www/vhosts/balancedbites.com/httpdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3260
Leave a Reply