Easy Recipe: Grain-Free Zucchini Pancakes
I recently made sweet potato pancakes and they were fantastic, so I decided to work on mastering a zucchini pancake option for those who can’t or don’t choose to eat sweet potatoes. I think you’re going to like this one, it’s quite simple and really satisfying. I think they’re great with a side of sausage or bacon… Enjoy!
This recipe will be included in my new book The 21-Day Sugar Detox: Bust Sugar & Carb Cravings Naturally, releasing in October 2013!
Try these made with carrots if you don’t like zucchini or it isn’t in-season! Eat them as-is or use them as a burger-bun.
grain-free • gluten-free • dairy-free • nut-free • seed-free • sugar-free • 21DSD
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
YIELD: 12 pancakes (4 servings)
NUTRITION INFO: coming soon
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 large or 4 small)
- 1/4 cup ghee or bacon fat for cooking
Note: if you want to make these to serve as sweet pancakes versus savory, omit the sea salt, black pepper, and granulated garlic and add instead: 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Sift the coconut flour into the eggs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and beat them together. Note: Coconut flour often has clumps, which is why you want to sift it.
- Place the zucchini into a cheese cloth, nut milk bag, or paper towels and squeeze some of the water out.
- Mix the shredded zucchini, salt, and pepper into the egg mixture.
- Use a large enameled non-stick or well-seasoned cast iron skillet over medium-low heat with ghee or bacon fat coating the pan.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan into 4″ cakes, 3 at a time. Allow them to cook through on one side for 3-4 minutes before flipping to finish the other side for 3-4 minutes. When the cakes are golden brown and cooked through, remove them from the pan and start on the next batch.
- Serve warm or at room temperature/on-the-go- alone or with sausage or bacon.
Yes, you can enjoy this recipe while on the 21-Day Sugar Detox!
Note: I earn a small commission if you use the links in this post to purchase the products mentioned. I only recommend products I would use myself or that I recommend for clients in my practice or at workshops. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you real information about nutrition and health.