Easy Recipe: Vanilla Bean Coconut Ice Pops
Ice pops are a fantastic, nostalgic treat, but clearly what’s available in stores is an array of overly sweet treats – often made with high fructose corn syrup or, worse, artificial sweeteners. This recipe is really easy to modify by adding any type of fruit or berries you like, but I wanted to create a sweetener-free, 21-Day Sugar Detox-friendly version that still tastes great. It’s funny how after a few days without sweet foods or sweeteners added to your diet, some naturally sweet foods like coconut begin to taste even sweeter!
This recipe will be featured in my next book, The 21-Day Sugar Detox (due out this fall – available for pre-order here).
vanilla bean coconut ice pops
grain-free • gluten-free • dairy-free • nightshade-free • sugar-free • sweetener-free • 21DSD
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: n/a
YIELD: 6 servings
NUTRITION INFO: COMING SOON!
- 1, 15oz can of full fat coconut milk + water to fill pop molds
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pour the coconut milk into a mixing bowl (preferably one with an easy-pour spout) or into your blender.
- To calculate how much water you’ll need to add: Test how much liquid your ice pop molds will hold by filling one to capacity, then measuring the liquid in a measuring cup. Multiply that amount by the number of pops you have, then add water to your coconut milk to add up to the total number of ounces you’ll need to make your pops. For example, if you have 6 pop holders and each one hold 3oz of liquid, you will need to have 18 total ounces of liquid. In this case, you will want to add 3oz of water to the 15oz of coconut milk you have to add up to the total of 18oz.
- Slice the vanilla bean pod in half lengthwise, then scrape the back of your knife down the inside of the pod to remove the seeds.
- Place the vanilla bean seeds into the coconut milk, then add the vanilla extract and either whisk together or blend.
- Pour evenly into your molds and freeze overnight. To remove the pops, run the containers under warm water until the sides release.
Yes, you can enjoy this recipe while on The 21-Day Sugar Detox.
Ice pop molds are pretty easy to find in any home store and are also available online at shops like Amazon or Target.com.
CHANGE IT UP:
If you are not on The 21-Day Sugar Detox, add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to the mixture to sweeten it just a touch – or add 1/4 cup of your favorite fruit to the blender – try pineapple, cherries, peaches, mango, strawberries, or blueberries.
PS – Don’t miss out on this awesome deal good through April 9th only!
Note: I earn a small commission if you use the links in this post to purchase the products mentioned. I only recommend products I would use myself or that I recommend for clients in my practice or at workshops. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you real information about nutrition and health.
Leave a Reply