Easy Recipe: Hot & Sweet Ginger-Garlic Chicken
This recipe is a great choice to enjoy while on The 21-Day Sugar Detox.
hot & sweet ginger-garlic chicken
grain-free • gluten-free • dairy-free • nightshade-free* • sugar-free • sweetener-free • 21DSD
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 30-35 minutes
YIELD: 3 servings
NUTRITION INFO: coming soon!
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (or other cut, cooking time will vary)
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder or fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds (omit for autoimmune friendly)
- 1-2 pinches chili flakes (*omit for nightshade-free/autoimmune friendly)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (available at most Whole Foods Markets or local organic grocers/co-ops for around $5-7/bottle)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In an oven safe cast iron or stainless steel skillet, melt the ghee, then season both sides of the chicken with sea salt and black pepper, and place skin side down into the pan for 5-6 minutes or until the skin browns and releases easily from the pan.
- While the chicken cooks, combine the onion, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds, chili flakes, coconut aminos and more sea salt and black pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Flip the chicken thighs over so that they are now skin side up in the pan, then pour the sauce mixture over the chicken evenly and place the pan into the oven for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
Yes, you can enjoy this recipe while on The 21-Day Sugar Detox.
PS – Don’t miss out on the SexyBack Summit videos while they’re free!
Note: I earn a small commission if you use the links in this post to purchase the products mentioned. I only recommend products I would use myself or that I recommend for clients in my practice or at workshops. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you real information about nutrition and health.