Easy Recipe: Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins from Practical Paleo
pumpkin cranberry muffins
from Practical Paleo (page 246)
This recipe is sure to be a fall-favorite in your house, and it’s a great way to use up canned pumpkin. For an extra cranberry pop, spread Simple Cranberry Sauce (recipe on page 388) on top.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 35-40 minutes
YIELD: 12 muffins
NUTRITION INFO: here.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (can be canned or fresh, if fresh, cook, cook and strain excess water from your pumpkin before using it in this recipe)
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, melted (I prefer butter for flavor but if you can’t eat it, use coconut oil – I like Tropical Traditions Green Label
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk the eggs, pumpkin, butter or coconut oil, pure vanilla extract, and maple syrup together in a large mixing bowl. Sift in the coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice and stir until well combined. Gently fold in the cranberries.
- In a muffin tin, scoop 1/4 cup of the batter into each lined muffin cup (natural parchment muffin papers work best for lining), and bake for 35-40 minutes.
change it up!
- Add chopped walnuts and/or semi-sweet chocolate chips to the mixture before baking or place some on top.
- For bulkier muffins, add 3 cups of shredded carrots to the mixture before baking.
- To make this recipe 21-Day Sugar Detox friendly, replace the sweetener (honey/maple syrup) with 1 mashed green-tipped banana.
Notice: Theme without comments.php is deprecated since version 3.0 with no alternative available. Please include a comments.php template in your theme. in /var/www/vhosts/balancedbites.com/httpdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3260
Leave a Reply