While I love to make these Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins in the fall, they'll be sure to be a year-round favorite in your house! Plus, they're a great way to use up canned pumpkin.
If you can't find cranberries, try swapping in chocolate chips or chunks – yum!
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, can be canned or fresh, if fresh, cook, cook and strain excess water from your pumpkin before using it in this recipe
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot starch
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- VANILLA Infused Sugar, optional
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, pumpkin, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
Sift the coconut flour, tapioca flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda into the wet ingredients and stir until well combined. Gently fold in the cranberries. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with a dusting of VANILLA infused sugar, if you like.
Scoop the batter evenly into a parchment muffin cup lined muffin tin (natural parchment muffin papers work best for lining), and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean.
change it up!
Add chopped walnuts and/or semi-sweet chocolate chips to the mixture before baking or place some on top.
For bulkier muffins, add 3 cups of shredded carrots to the mixture before baking.