Easy Recipe: Pumpkin Pancakes from Practical Paleo
When fall rolls around, it seems only natural to want to make as many recipes as possible that use pumpkin! This is a quick and easy way to take an inexpensive ingredient (canned pumpkin) and turn it into something delicious.
grain-free • gluten-free • dairy-free • sugar-free • nut-free • nightshade-free • 21DSD (with a modification)
from Practical Paleo (page 242)
Click here for estimated nutrition facts.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
YIELD: Approximately 8 small pancakes or 2 servings.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
You may use canned, boxed, or fresh. The recipe works just-right with canned and yields a delicate pancake.
- optional: 1-2 Tbsp of coconut flour
To keep the consistency a bit thicker/firmer if you use boxed, or freshly cooked and strained pumpkin, you may need the coconut flour. If you use it, I recommend sifting it into the wet ingredients slowly to combine it well.
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- optional: 1-2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
(Omit for The 21-Day Sugar Detox)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Whisk the eggs, canned pumpkin, pure vanilla extract, and pure maple syrup together. Sift the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and baking soda into the wet ingredients.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Then, mix the butter into the batter.
- Grease the skillet and spoon the batter into the skillet to make pancakes of your desired size. When a few bubbles appear, flip the pancakes once to finish cooking.
- Serve with grass-fed butter and cinnamon or sliced bananas.
change it up
- Instead of adding maple syrup to sweeten this recipe, try adding a mashed, whole ripe banana to the mixture. If you add a banana, the yield will increase.
Note: I earn a small commission if you use the links in this post to purchase the products mentioned. I only recommend products I would use myself or that I recommend for clients in my practice or at workshops. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you real information about nutrition and health.
Leave a Reply