Easy Recipe: Fresh Blueberry Crumble
fresh blueberry crumble
grain-free • gluten-free • dairy-free • sugar-free • sweetener-free • nightshade-free
When you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert, baking fruit with a nutty topping is probably the easiest thing you can do.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 30-40 minutes
YIELD: 8 servings
- 2 pints of fresh blueberries (use 4 green apples, sliced, for the 21DSD)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup almond meal/almond flour
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia or walnuts
- 1/4 cup melted butter (or coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (omit for the 21DSD)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place the blueberries in a 9 inch x 9 inch baking dish, and squeeze the juice from half of the lemon over them. Toss slightly to coat the blueberries with the juice.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond meal or flour, macadamia nuts, melted butter, remaining lemon juice, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
- Spread the nut topping evenly over the blueberries, and bake until the fruit is well cooked/bubbly and the topping is golden brown (approximately 30-40 minutes).
change it up!
Looking for more similar recipes from other awesome bloggers?
Check these out!
Against All Grain – Stovetop to Oven Skillet Cobbler
The Food Lovers Kitchen – Strawberry Tartlets
PaleOMG – Strawberry Rhubarb Mini Pies
Leave a Reply