f you're looking for a way to switch up your breakfast routine, breakfast tacos are it!
Loaded with DINER blend-seasoned scramble and topped with avocado, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese, these are a hearty & satisfying way to kick off your day.
- 1 pound ground pork beef, turkey, or chicken
- 2 tablespoons DINER Spice Blend
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cooking fat of choice
- 8 large eggs
- 1 head iceberg lettuce or butter lettuce leaves, separated
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, optional
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped tomatoes
- Fresh cilantro
Place the ground meat in a large skillet over medium heat and add the spice blend and vinegar. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the meat is cooked through, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat as it cooks.
Reduce the heat to low and make a hole in the center of the meat. Add the cooking fat, then crack the eggs directly into the hole and lightly scramble them. I recommend using a heat-resistant silicone spatula for this task. Stir together the meat and eggs until the eggs are cooked through, about 2 minutes.
To serve, divide the egg-and-meat mixture among 8 double-layered lettuce leaves and top with cheese (if using), avocado, and salsa. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
You can make these breakfast tacos using ground meat without eggs.
Omit the cheese.