This twist on the traditional Mediterranean favorite tastes almost exactly the same as the chickpea (garbanzo bean) variety. If you're looking for new lunch ideas (for yourself or the kiddos) I highly recommend adding this to your recipe rotation!
Try serving this with some sliced chicken for dipping as well – so delicious!
Featuring our Balanced Bites TEX MEX spice blend, this hummus is easy to make and full of flavor.
- 4 cups cauliflower florets steamed
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini sesame paste, raw or roasted
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon reserve zest for garnish
- Pinch of TEX MEX Spice Blend (or ground cumin)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Pinch of paprika for garnish (optional)
- Sliced vegetables of choice for serving
- Olives of choice for serving
In a food processor, combine the cauliflower, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, and cumin and process until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste, along with more tahini or olive oil if you like.
Scoop the hummus into a serving dish and garnish with the reserved lemon zest, remaining tablespoon of olive oil, and paprika (if using).
Serve with sliced vegetables and olives.
I used an orange cauliflower for this recipe. If you spot one in your store or market, use it instead of the white variety for a deeper-colored dip.
CHANGE IT UP
Substitute zucchini for the cauliflower, but shred and strain it first to remove most of its water content.