- 8 medium carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons cooking fat
- 1 tsp SAVORY Spice Blend
- 1/4 cup Pesto Sauce
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup shredded hard cheese, such as Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Place the carrots on a large rimmed baking sheet, toss with the cooking fat, and sprinkle with SAVORY Spice Blend.
Spread the carrots in an even layer and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until fork-tender and browned and slightly crispy around the edges.
While the carrots are baking, make the pesto. Combine the basil, garlic, nuts, cheese, salt, and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the olive oil and continue to blend until smooth. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
Drizzle with the pesto sauce and serve.
Store any leftover pesto an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.