- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro stems and leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 8 roma tomatoes or other small to medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper minced, seeded if desired for less heat (optional)
- Juice of 1 to 2 limes
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
Toss together all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Alternatively, place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the desired consistency is reached.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.