This skillet breakfast is so simple to put together, and such an easy way to change things up!
This recipe also contains one of our Balanced Bites Spice Blends - TACO & FAJITA Spice Blend - which you can shop here!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or other cooking fat*
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced (optional)
- 1 pound ground beef, bison, turkey, or chicken
- 2 tablespoons TACO & FAJITA Spice Blend, divided
- 4 large parsnips, shredded (4 cups)
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies
- 6 eggs
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Avocado, for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
In a large oven-safe skillet over medium high heat, melt the coconut oil and cook the onion, bell peppers, and jalapeño for 1 minute. Crumble in the ground meat and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the Spice Blend. Stir to combine and cook until the meat is browned and mostly cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Add the shredded parsnips and can of green chilies, sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of the Spice Blend, and stir to combine. Continue cooking until the parsnips start to soften (don’t allow them to get too soft), about 3 to 5 minutes.
Place the oven rack in the top position and preheat the broiler to low.
Make 6 wells in the beef-parsnip mixture and crack an egg into each one. Put the pan under the broiler and cook for about 5 minutes or until the whites are cooked through and the yolks are cooked to the desired doneness.
Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with avocado and cilantro.