- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons GARLIC STIR FRY Spice Blend
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/3 cup apricot, orange, or peach preserves (I love Bonne Mamman or St Dalfour brands)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (Big Tree Brand or similar. If using Coconut Secret or Trader Joes brand, use 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- a dash of fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon GARLIC STIR FRY Spice Blend
- sliced green onions
- chopped fresh cilantro
- white sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Toss wings in the oil to coat evenly, then season with spice blend and toss to coat evenly.
Bake on an unlined cookie sheet for 25 minutes, flip the wings and then convection bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
While the wings bake, at around the last 10 minute marker of baking, make the sauce.
Toss the wings in the sauce while still warm, then garnish with herbs and sesame seeds.
FOR THE SAUCE
Combine all ingredients in a nonstick or stainless skillet over medium to medium-high heat and sauté until reduced to the texture and stickiness between maple syrup and honey, whisking or stirring with a spatula regularly to keep from burning. It will bubble up a bit but keep cooking and stirring until it reduces to the thick, sticky texture that can coat the back of a spoon (the texture will be almost like honey).