Impress guests with these easy homemade truffles that look elegant but use ingredients you probably have lying around in your pantry.
They're not super-sweet, but just right to hit the spot without overloading you with sugar.
This recipe also contains one of our Balanced Bites Spice Blends - VANILLA Infused Sugar - which you can shop here!
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter also called coconut manna or coconut cream concentrate, soften
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons almond butter or other nut or seed butter of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons VANILLA Infused Sugar
Place the coconut butter, coconut oil, almond butter & vanilla in a mixing bowl and stir with a large spoon until smooth.
Add in the cocoa powder & maple syrup and mix thoroughly.
Place the mixture in a the freezer for about 10 minutes, until it's firm enough to form into balls.
Using your hands, roll the mixture into 1-inch balls, then roll each ball in the coating.
Set the truffles on a plate and refrigerate to solidify.
Spice it up!
Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to this chocolate truffle to give it a kick!