This salad is the perfect meal to make when you're looking to clean out your pantry a bit, & the combination of roasted peppers, feta, sun-dried tomatoes, & olives is perfect with my CLASSIC ITALIAN Salad Dressing.
Don't skip the homemade croutons - they're EPIC!
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and grilled, then sliced (recipe here - use ITALIAN dressing to marinate the chicken)
- 3/4 cup CLASSIC ITALIAN Dressing, divided (1/4 cup for chicken marinade, 1/2 cup as salad dressing)
- 8 cups romaine, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup roasted bell peppers, roughly chopped
- sourdough croutons (recipe below)
Marinate the chicken using 1/4 cup of CLASSIC ITALIAN Dressing, then grill.
Arrange the romaine in a large serving bowl and top with the feta, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted peppers, red onion, croutons & chicken.
Toss or top with 1/2 cup of CLASSIC ITALIAN Dressing before serving.
- 1/2 loaf sourdough bread, sliced & cubed into 1/2 - 1" pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon TRIFECTA Spice Blend
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the bread cubes with olive oil and TRIFECTA Spice Blend, then bake for 13-15 minutes until crispy.