RISE & SHINE! This artichoke, arugula, pesto, and pancetta frittata is so easy to throw together and is perfect for breakfast or lunch during the week, or you could easily double the recipe for a larger crowd on the weekend! Plus, it's so versatile! Swap out the pancetta for bacon. Use spinach instead of arugula. Tolerate dairy? Throw a couple of dollops of goats cheese on top. There are so many possibilities!
- 2 ounces pancetta
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions (or use caramelized)
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (or other milk)
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto, divided
- 1 tablespoon ITALIAN Spice Blend
- 1/2 cup arugula, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup sliced artichoke hearts
- 1 slice prosciutto (optional, for garnish)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook for 4-5 minutes, to render some of the fat. Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the onions are translucent and begin to brown.
Whisk the eggs in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon of the pesto, coconut milk, sea salt, and pepper. Mix in the arugula and artichoke hearts, then add the egg mixture to the skillet.
Bake for 20-30 minutes until the eggs are no longer runny and the frittata puffs up a bit and edges are golden brown. Garnish with 1 tablespoon of pesto, prosciutto, and arugula.