Looking for a simple side for your next grill-out? This Spicy Roasted Asparagus with Lemon is packed with flavor, but doesn't take a ton of time to throw together, and the brightness from the lemon is the perfect compliment to any grilled meat you're serving!
This recipe also contains one of our Balanced Bites Spice Blends - TRIFECTA - which you can shop here!
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon cooking fat of choice, melted
- 1 teaspoon TRIFECTA Spice Blend
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Place the asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet and toss with the melted cooking fat. Sprinkle it with the TRIFECTA blend. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until bright green and fork-tender. You’ll need less time for very thin asparagus, more time for very thick asparagus.
Remove the asparagus from the oven and drizzle it with the olive oil and lemon juice, then top with the cheese (if using), lemon zest, and red pepper flakes.