Our spin on a tater tot casserole - a cheesy, veggie & meat-filled frittata base, topped with tater tots tossed in DINER blend, & then baked until crisp! (This recipe is also great using ITALIAN and TRIFECTA blends).
This is the perfect dish to make on a Sunday and eat all week long, or to serve at a brunch for a crowd!
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons ITALIAN spice blend
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 8 eggs
- 4 tablespoon milk of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon TRIFECTA spice blend
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 16 ounce bags of frozen tater tots
- 2-3 tablespoons DINER spice blend
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Heat an ovenproof 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the ground pork, season with ITALIAN blend, and cook for 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
Add the red onion to the skillet. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
While the onion is cooking, whisk the eggs in a large bowl with the milk, and Balanced Bites TRIFECTA spice blend.
Add the egg mixture to the skillet and stir in the tomatoes, spinach, and shredded cheese.
Toss the tater tots with DINER blend until fully coated, then arrange in a circular pattern. I packed them fairly tightly and used just over 1 16-ounce bag. You can save any extras for a future meal.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the eggs are no longer runny and the tater tots are golden brown.
Garnish with chopped tomato & green onions and serve.