This recipe also contains some of of our Balanced Bites Spice Blends - CARAMEL Infused Sugar, CINNAMON Infused Sugar, and VANILLA Infused Sugar - which you can shop here!
FOR THE CRUST
- 1/2 cup chopped raw cashews or walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon ghee, melted
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 2 pinches of ground cinnamon
FOR THE MOO-LESS CHOCOLATE PUDDING
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 medium green-tipped banana
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk, store-bought or homemade
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon carob powder (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
FOR GARNISH (OPTIONAL)
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon toasted coconut flakes
- CARAMEL Infused Sugar, CINNAMON Infused Sugar, and/or VANILLA Infused Sugar
- 1 (12-cavity) mini-muffin tin
- 12 parchment paper mini baking cups
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cavity mini-muffin tin with parchment paper mini baking cups.
Make the crust: Place the chopped cashews, shredded coconut, ghee, salt, and cinnamon in a food processor. Pulse until the texture is fine and the ingredients are well combined.
Press the crust into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and starting to crisp. Set aside to cool.
While the crust is baking, make the Moo-Less Chocolate Pudding: Scoop the flesh of the avocado into a food processor and add the banana, coconut milk, cocoa powder, carob powder, and vanilla extract. Blend until completely smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice.
Fill the cooled crusts with the chocolate pudding. Garnish with cacao nibs and/or toasted coconut flakes, if desired. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 14 days. To defrost, allow to come to room temperature for about 15 to 20 minutes.
If you can’t find carob powder, use another tablespoon of cocoa powder instead (3 tablespoons total). But the carob powder will add a hint of sweetness without adding sweetener, so it’s worth using if you can!