There are no sweeteners added to this recipe other than whole fruit!
A twist on my classic Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins, this recipe adds a powerful veggie-punch and can easily be served for breakfast or to kids without worry since it uses mashed banana and NO SWEETENERS.
Want to see how these muffins are made? Check out this video!
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (can be canned or fresh, if fresh, cook, cook, and strain excess water from your pumpkin before using it in this recipe)
- 1/2 cup butter, clarified butter/ghee, or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups shredded carrots (app. 4 large carrots)
- optional: 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Whisk the eggs, pumpkin, butter or coconut oil, pure vanilla extract, and banana together in a large mixing bowl. Sift in the coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice and stir until well-combined. Gently fold in the carrots and optional raisins or cranberries.
In a muffin tin, scoop 1/4 cup of the batter into each lined muffin cup (natural parchment muffin papers work best for lining whereas standard papers may easily stick!).
Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Change it up!
- Add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts for crunch.
- If you don't have carrots, try adding shredded zucchini or sweet potato.