Summer grilling is a breeze when you have BB Spices on hand! Enjoy this guide with my top ten tips for easy summer grilling, plus, a few of my favorite extra recipes to serve alongside.
What’s more, these recipes use our BB spices and you’ll return to these dishes again & again.
QUICK PROTEIN GRILL GUIDE
GRILLED PORK CHOPS
- If using a grill pan: transfer the pan to the oven and continue cooking for 4 to 8 minutes, until the chops reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
- If using a grill: move the chops to a higher rack or lower temperature area of the grill and cook until they’re cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
MY TOP TEN TIPS FOR EASY SUMMER MEALS
- Plan ahead! Open up all of your favorite cookbooks and pick recipes in advance so you can prepare your shopping list ahead of time.
- Buy chopped, shredded, riced, or noodled veggies! There’s absolutely no shame in that game. Save time, effort, and cleanup!
- Buy clean pre-made salad dressings and sauces to save time. But if you’re looking to save money, making them with the recipes found in my books or on balancedbites. com will definitely help.
- Meal prep or “mini prep” on the weekends— prep your proteins on the grill and a few sides to mix and match here and there. Some favorites to prep ahead are Marinated Onions, Spicy Citrus Slaw, and Roasted Asparagus with Lemon - you can find the recipes below!
- When you bring home veggies that need prepping, wash and prep them before you put them away. This makes them easy to grab and eat or grab and cook without extra prep. For example, rinse, stem, and chop kale, then place it in an airtight container before putting it away
- Keep on hand fresh salad greens like arugula (which doesn’t wilt too quickly) or mixed baby greens so you can add a quick side salad to any protein you grill.
- Load up your grill and get tons of protein prepped at once while enjoying time outside.
- Cook one meal with a small variation for yourself or let family members leave one item on their plates and don’t make a big fuss about it. For instance, leave the bun off your burger or use lettuce or a portobello mushroom bun while the rest of your family has a refined-grain bun.
- Always cook more protein than you need - If 1 pound feeds your family for a night, always cook at least 2 pounds at a time and immediately put half into a storage container to keep for later.
- Season simply, or separately. Either use a simple seasoning blend like TRIFECTA Blend for everyone, or split a tray of baked chicken thighs, for example, and season half with TACO & FAJITA Blend and the other half with GREEK Blend to allow for variety with zero extra effort
MY GO-TO EASY SUMMER MEALS
MY GO-TO SPICE BLENDS FOR EASY SUMMER GRILLING