This recipe for the easiest smoky pork chops make a simple, quick weeknight dinner. You season the chops with Balanced Bites SMOKY & TRIFECTA blends, grill & eat! As Ina would say, “how easy is that?”!
I like to serve these with a simple salad made with arugula, apple, toasted almonds, blue or goat cheese. There's a full recipe in my 21-Day Sugar Detox Daily Guide if you want precise measurements!
This could be my last meal and I'd be thrilled about it.
- 1 tablespoon cooking fat
- 2 1-inch-thick bone-in pork chops (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 tablespoon SMOKY Spice Blend (recipe below, if you don't own a bottle - this blend has been discontinued)
- 1/2 tablespoon TRIFECTA Spice Blend (or sea salt & black pepper)
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Store in a small, airtight container in a cool, dark place.
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400°F if you’ll be using a grill pan or want to finish the chops in the oven.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, then brush with the cooking fat. Season the pork chops liberally on both sides with the spice blends, then cook on the hot grill for 3 minutes per side, or until grill marks appear. (If the pork chops are less than an inch thick, cook for 2 minutes per side.)
If using a grill pan, transfer the pan to the oven and continue cooking for 4 to 8 minutes, until the chops reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
If using a grill, move the chops to a higher rack or lower-temperature area of the grill and cook until they’re cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can transfer the chops from the grill to an oven-safe pan and bake them to finish cooking, following the instructions above for the grill pan.