This extra-lemony take on Caesar dressing is perfect with baby kale, but it’s also great on a more classic romaine lettuce Caesar salad—or any kind of salad.
Try this dressing with simple grilled chicken and roasted vegetables to turn the flavor way up!
This recipe also contains one of our Balanced Bites Spice Blends - TRIFECTA and SUPER TRIFECTA - which you can shop here!
- 2/3 cup extra−virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice about 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons grated hard cheese such as Parmigiano−Reggiano or Pecorino Romano
- 2 teaspoons SUPER TRIFECTA Spice Blend or TRIFECTA Spice Blend (or 1 to 2 cloves of grated or minced garlic)
- 1 to 2 anchovy fillets minced, or 1 to 2 teaspoons anchovy paste (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten−free Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (optional if not using SUPER TRIFECTA or TRIFECTA blend)
Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on low for 10 to 20 seconds, until smooth. Taste the dressing and adjust the seasoning to taste with salt, pepper, and/or more oil or lemon juice.
Store the dressing in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Use 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast instead of the cheese.
If you prefer a saltier dressing, use 2 anchovy fillets or 2 teaspoons of anchovy paste.
When adding raw garlic to a dressing, sauce, or dip that will remain uncooked, more is not always better! The potency of raw garlic intensifies as it sits, so don’t let this recipe be one where you read “1 clove” and translate it to “4 cloves,” as garlic lovers often do when cooking!