- 8 green onions, bottoms removed
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos (I like Big Tree Brand)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Zest of one lime
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 pound ground pork
- 4 tablespoons GARLIC STIR FRY Spice Blend
- Ghee (for the pan-cooking method only)
- Sesame seeds (optional, for garnish)
For a simple dipping sauce:
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (I like Big Tree Brand)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon GARLIC STIR FRY Spice Blend
In a food processor, add the green onions, garlic, egg, coconut aminos, sesame oil, lime zest, and GARLIC STIR FRY blend and pulse until finely chopped. Remove and set aside.
Add the shrimp to the food processor and pulse until it reaches a “ground” texture. Add the ground pork and egg mixture then pulse until all the ingredients are combined.
Form into 2" balls (~ 2 tablespoon portion size).
Two cooking method options:
1. In a skillet:
Melt the ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the meatballs into the pan once it's hot and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, turning the meatballs 3 to 4 times through the process. Repeat for another batch or two depending on the size of your skillet.
2. In the oven:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Bake the meatballs for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through, checking at 15 so as not to overcook them.
Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Optionally serve with the dipping sauce